Karen Davis Krzynowek Infusion Center
The Karen Davis Krzynowek Infusion Center (KDKIC) at the Johnson Memorial Cancer Center offers each patient a pleasant, comfortable and safe setting to accommodate their infusion needs.
Keeping patients' needs and efficiency in mind, the KDKIC has a laboratory onsite and offers medication mixing by a pharmacist. The laboratory is open not only to infusion patients, but for community members needing blood draws.
The amenities for infusion patients include:
- 14 Power-controlled recliners with heat and massage
- Individual 19" televisions with expanded cable, DVD, CD, and Bluetooth
- Free wireless internet
- Collections of DVDs, books and magazines
- Walls of windows for natural light
- Divider cabinets for semi-private space and storage for belongings
The services provided by KDKIC include most medications that can be administered intravenously in an outpatient setting.
- Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Administration
- Medication Administration
- Reclast for Osteoporosis
- Remicade for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Crohn's Disease
- Iron Infusions
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Antiemetic Therapy
- Central Line Catheter Maintenance (port flushes) and Blood Draws
- Injections and Injection Teaching
- Blood and Blood Product Transfusions
- Hydration Therapy
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy
The KDKIC is led by a nurse manager, certified in oncology care, and staffed with registered nurses who have received special training and certification in the administration of chemotherapy and other types of intravenous therapy.
Medical Directorship and clinical oversight of KDKIC is provided by Saint Francis Care's Jonathan Sporn, M.D., Chief of Hematology/Oncology from Saint Francis Medical Group. Jay Thumar, M.D., Hematologist/Oncologist, staffs the Medical Oncology practice onsite and provides full-time, clinical management with a compassionate touch. He is available for consultation services and exams onsite in Enfield and in-patient at JMH.
Radiation oncology, provided by Community Cancer Care, is housed within the Johnson Memorial Cancer Center, as well as an American Cancer Society satellite office, monthly support groups, and a free energy healing program.
To schedule an appointment, please contact OneCall Scheduling at 860-684-8555, and select infusion. For more information about the Infusion Center, or to speak to one of our Infusion Nurses, please contact us at 860-272-2911 or toll-free 888-511-3311. We are open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.